Saturday, January 28, 2012

Clutter-Free Classroom Project Week 4

This week we were suppose to concentrate on our Teacher Desk area but I choose to do my group meeting area since it is the hub of my classroom.

Before Picture
All of my CD’s were on top of my stereo area even though you can not see it in this picture and all of the under cabinets had teacher stuff in them from previous teachers that I have never gone through since being back in the classroom.  So this area was a big one for me because I would keep all of my stuff on top of cabinets and were every I could place them.  (This was not working I could never find what I need in a hurry)

After Pictures

 Everything is now organized and in the cabinet below or in the TV cabinet picture to follow.


The side doors were full of cassette tapes (I know who uses those now days, but that is what was in there)  I had to remove black strips so that the CD case would fit in there.  Once I had all of my CD’s organized by artist I labels each section so that I can find what I am looking for in a snap.
In the middle of my cabinet I now have my transition games, storytelling kits, dancing ribbons, mini maracas and rhythm sticks.


The closed door TV cabinet that sits next to my stereo cabinet now houses VHS tapes, Pom Poms, transition dice, dancing scarves, dramatic props for retelling stories and sacks for sack races.

The Finished Area



Pre-K - TeachersPayTeachers.com  

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the after pics! Great job getting everything organized.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you it is a work in progress. One corner at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks nice. You have lots of great materials to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and I'm loving your classroom pictures, your alphabet tree with the stuffed letters - too cute, and the number tree, is that made of an orange cone?? I love it, glad I found you!
    Amy
    TheResource(ful)Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is an orange cone I just spray painted it brown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks great! I love the labels you made for all the containers in the cabinets.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails