Saturday, January 29, 2011

Transportation Pocket Chart

When teaching about math at circle time I find that it is helpful if I use a pocket chart so that the children can be more involved in the process. Children are able to come up and move the transportation cards around to change the sentence and then we all read the changed sentence together.



Number Chart
For the chart above I found foam stickers from the dollar store to make my chart, but you can use any kind of stickers. You can also make the chart based on the theme of study this upcoming week we will be working on transportation, but you could also do a chart with hearts.

• I see ____ trucks.
• I see ____ cars.
• I see ____ planes.

Size Chart

• I see_____ large trucks.

• I see______ medium trucks.
• I see______ small trucks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails