Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Children of Two Homes


It is with great pleasure that I introduce you to my new or not so new children's picture book Children of Two Homes.


 I usually do not post much about me or my journey that has brought me to where I am today.  But in light of me introducing you to my book Children of Two Homes which is the story of my own children and their journey of living in two homes.  I thought it was time for you to get to know the authentic me.


If you knew me, you would probably not guess that my family is a blended family or that there is a divorce behind me. I will say that is has taken me years to get where I am today and that it has been a journey of ups and downs for me and our children along the way.


 Finding the new ME


After crying for days or longer I cannot remember, I finally picked myself up and put away the wine (not the kind found in a glass).  It was time to dust myself off.

I had to reflect back on the younger version of me.  The younger me that had hopes, dreams, strength and vision that anything was possible.    
I had to learn to succeed for myself and that of my children.

But how? was the big question I kept asking myself

The light at the end of the tunnel came when I faced up to all the hurt, humiliation, anger, tension, disappointment, feeling of failure and lose of relationships and let it all go.

I had to let go of all the memories and all the hopes and dreams of the past.

I had to mourn the old life, old house, old memories and the old me to give light to the new me.  I had to put it all to rest once and for all.

I stood strong and looked myself in the mirror and told myself that this hurt was not going to define me or my children.  It was going to make a better version of me one that I could be proud of and one my children could be proud of. 

It took time to become the new me  

The truth is it took me a year or longer before I looked in the mirror and found the new me the stronger me that was filled with hopes and new dreams.

So why talk about it now?

I finally feel that now I have something positive to offer by talking about our story. 

Top Five Tips to become the new you after divorce

*   Let yourself mourn your old life
*   Let it all go
*   Rediscover your younger self
*   Don't waste time with regret
*   Discover the new side of yourself by exploring new interests

Next week I will reveal how to cope with two separate homes 







1 comment:

  1. Nice site,i like very much.

    Any teachers from North America, the UK, Ireland, South Africa and Australia are looking for teaching jobs in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the rest of the United Arab Emirates and get lost in the forest – that’s why Footprints Recruiting is here to help you through the process step-by-step and make sure you arrive safe and sound at a new teaching job you’ll love.
    http://adec.footprintsrecruiting.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails