Monday, October 4, 2010

Transition Tool Belt

Transitions are the part of the day that can become the most chaotic for any preschool teacher. Some days they can go really well and other days you might be standing there going what just happened. To help with those transitions through out the day I made a transition tool belt. We all wear them not only is it handy to have everything readily available (note pad and pencils for observations) but we also have items in the tool belt that will help capture the attention of children, so that we could move them smoothly from one activity to the next.

Here’s what’s in the transition tool belt

• Finger Puppets
• Noise Makers (duck call, train whistle, shakers)
• Props
• Ringed note cards with songs
• Note pad
• Pencil

How did you make your transition tool belt?

We found utility belts in the paint area of Wal Mart for $1.00. We sewed two together to give us enough pockets. With the extra tie string we cut it off and used it to make loops with at the top of the apron on both sides. This allowed us to be able to hang items from the loops, like stick puppets or wands.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I keep a little basket in my cupboard of transition tricks like balloons, and puppets. I like your suggestion of putting them in an apron to carry around with you! Why didn't I think of that? I also like the note cards with songs idea...GREAT post. I just pinned your site on my Pinterest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you do with the balloons? LOVE THIS IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are not balloons. They are 5 monkeys finger puppets. I think that is what you are looking at.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails